I've devised a menu that steers away from shellfish due to some dietary restrictions. My cooking style is rustic and somewhat minimalist, as I – pardon my pun – prefer to "let the ingredients speak for themselves". As such, I try to source and work with the highest quality ingredients I can find. Meats are imported, and vegetables I try to go organic, seasonal, and local where possible.
For something more unique and special, I've opted to go Persian this time round. It'll be a family style sharing sort of arrangement. Please BYO to keep the night jolly and memorable :)
* Homemade hummus dip to start. Served with warm pita and rainbow carrots.
* Salad Shirazi (Persian cucumber and tomato salad)
* Roast butternut squash with za'atar and coriander
* Shaved fennel, orange and arugula salad / Tahini miso maple-dressed kale salad
* Broad beans with garlic, dill and eggs
* Spiced New Zealand rack of lamb with pomegranate sauce
* Persian spiced lamb lettuce wraps
* Couscous with sultanas and middle eastern flavours.
* Seared Australian beef with pomegranate and balsamic dressing
* Roast barramundi with sea salt, rosemary, garlic and lemon
* Dessert (TBC): Ruth's speciality :)